How can students who are in recovery from alcohol and other drug addiction, interested in recovery, or want to support someone in recovery become involved in a thriving community? Join Recovery Rising, ASU’s Collegiate Recovery Program!
Recovery Rising aims to connect students through events, open roundtable discussions, and campus AA meetings.
Recovery Rising takes action to:
- Increase visibility of the recovery lifestyle at ASU.
- Connect ASU students in recovery with each other for social events, education, community service, support and meetings.
- Educate and support our ASU community to better understand recovery and how to support students in recovery.
- Provide opportunities for students in recovery across ASU programs and services.
Steps to get involved:
- Sign up for Recovery Rising’s Facebook Group to stay in the know about meetings, activities and social events – just for people in recovery and allies.
- This is a closed group. You will need to ask the administrators to make you a member.
- Email us to sign up for our monthly newsletter or to get Recovery Rising gear and wear/use it proudly
- Participate in community service activities hosted through Recovery Rising.
- Volunteer to help plan and facilitate activities.
- Bring a friend.
- Check out the resources and housing options available at local recovery programs: ElmTree Recovery and TreeHouse Learning Community.
Students in recovery are:
ASU Students discuss recovery.
Recovery Rising Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Meetings
Fall activities will be posted September 1, 2018.
We thank the Arizona Governor's Office of Youth, Faith and Family (GOYFF) for their continued support to Recovery Rising. To find substance abuse treatment and providers in your area, please access Substanceabuse.az.gov.