What is Alcohol-Wise?
Alcohol-Wise is an online course designed to engage college students in critical thinking about alcohol use, reduce risks associated with underage and high-risk drinking and contribute to positive social norms. The course includes Alcohol E-Check Up to Go, developed by San Diego State University. Consent and Respect online course is included in Alcohol-Wise. The course is delivered in two parts: Part 1 includes questionnaires and the course content. Part 2 is a follow-up that is taken 30-days after completion of Part 1. This course is recommended for all new first year students attending ASU.
To take Alcohol-Wise:
- Go to www.3rdmilclassrooms.com
- Click on Begin Enrollment and choose College on the left side menu.
- When you are directed to Enter Control Number, enter the code ASUAW.
- Create your account by completing the web form, from which you will receive your password.
- Enter your email address and password under Student Login.
- Complete Alcohol-Wise Part 1, in one or multiple visits.
- You will receive an email reminder 30-days after you finish Part 1 to complete Part 2.
- Complete Part 2 to receive your Certificate of Completion.
What else do I need to know before I take the course?
- You will receive your password on the screen and by email at the end of the enrollment process.
- Part 1 takes about 75 minutes to complete and Part 2 takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- You can log in and out as needed.
- You will receive an email 30-days after you finish the course reminding you to complete the required 15-minute Part 2 follow-up.
- You will not receive your Certificate of Completion until you finish Part 2.
- Upon completion, you will receive a completion notification by email. ASU Wellness will maintain a record of your completion for two years. However, we recommend that you save your Certificate of Completion for your records.