With the transition to online learning, staying focused, adjusting study habits and maintaining social relationships is key to success. This can be accomplished by creating a schedule to keep you motivated. Manage your time effectively by focusing on one task at a time. Keep your space clean and organized while establishing new habits and routines. Practice social distancing and utilize electronic devices to stay socially connected. Be mindful to take care of yourself and others and remember that this transition is temporary.
- 87.5% of ASU students feel they can succeed if they put their mind to it.
- Yet 53.7% indicate academics are difficult to handle.
- 38.5% of ASU students find it difficult to stay focused on what is happening in the present.
- ASU students reported the following barriers had a serious impact on their academic performance during the past 12 months. These challenges resulted in getting a lower grade, taking an incomplete or dropping a class, or caused a significant disruption in their graduate studies for varying proportions of ASU students:
- - Being overcommitted – 15.6%
- - Stress – 15.7%
- - Sleep difficulties – 7.7%
Give yourself a healthy foundation for learning by adopting healthy lifestyle practices. These practices contribute to optimal well-being and support your best academic performance.
Source: American College Health Association-National College Health Assessment: Arizona State University Spring 2019. Baltimore: American College Health Association, 2019, (n=2,096).