What you eat and drink have significant impact on your physical and mental well-being. You have heard the idiom, “You are what you eat.” Keep this in mind as you explore and develop the best eating habits for you. Signs of a healthy eating style include:
- Awareness: Knowing when you are hungry and when you are not
- Balance: Striving for a plant-based eating style, while eating enough meat, fish, poultry or plant-proteins
- Be prepared: Planning in advance for upcoming meals and snacks
- Small frequent meals and snacks: Most people benefit from eating 4-6 small meals daily
- Healthy beverages: Drinking enough water to stay hydrated
- Go easy: Moderation is key.